Heura® Claypot Rice
- 300 g Heura Original Strips
- 45 g ginger (peeled)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
- 2 tbspn sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 Black Fungus (soaked and cut into strips)
- 400 g long grain rice (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 600 ml of vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 2 green onions (finely sliced for garnishing)
Let’s get started!
- Place Heura in a bowl and grate ginger over it. Add soy sauce and Shao Hsing wine. Marinade for 30 min.
- In a large clay pot, heat sesame oil. Sauté minced garlic until fragrant. Add Heura and Black Fungus (soaked & finely cut). Stir fry for 2 min.
- Add rice (soaked and drained) and dark soy sauce. Stir to mix well.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add salt. Cover, reduce heat, and allow it to simmer until all water is absorbed (10 to 12 min.).
- Turn heat down to the lowest setting, and cook for another 5 min. Turn off heat and remove pot. Let it sit for 10 min.
- Dish onto plates and sprinkle with sliced green onions.