Environment Day: Did you know that?
5 truths about Livestock and Environment:
1- According to FAO, Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.
2- According to a WorldWatch. research, Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.
3- US Energy Information Administration concluded that Livestock is responsible for 65% of all human-related emissions of nitrous oxide – a greenhouse gas with 296 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide, and which stays in the atmosphere for 150 years.4- Nature research says that Emissions for agriculture projected to increase 80% by 2050. 5- An article at the International Business Times shows that cows produce 150 billion gallons of methane per day. 5 truths to solve it:
With the same amount of legumes, what would you choose?
- To feed Berlin population with beef or to feed Germany, Italy and Portugal with Heura?
- To feed Barcelona with beef or the entire UK with Heura?
- To feed New York with beef or the entire US and Portugal with Heura?
- To feed Spain with beef or China, US, UK and Germany with Heura?
- To feed the Europe with beef or to feed 3,8 times the entire world with Heura?